The only opportunities to audition are on Monday, December 2nd OR Tuesday, December 3rd.
ALL students that are auditioning must check in with me (Ms. Christopher) to confirm their attendance, get a number, and have their picture taken. Due to the significant turnover on the production team and the large number of elementary students that are new to the Region 6 Players, it will facilitate the audition/review process if everyone wears a number this year. You will be able to find me standing at the front of the auditorium at the edge of the stage.
Please come dressed in attire that is conducive to dancing; (exercise pants, sweats, yoga pants, gym clothes) & sneakers, dance shoes or character shoes).
- Auditions for elementary students will begin promptly at 5:30.
- Please arrive at the Wamogo auditorium by 5:15/5:20 to check in.
- Please bring a completed Code of Conduct form (attached; available on website, in 306, or at auditions). It is important that the students & parents know what they are agreeing to for the next several months. We will have a mandatory parent meeting on Monday, December 9th at 5pm immediately preceding the first rehearsal.
- Parents, please stay in the auditorium for your child. With the sheer number of elementary students that have signed up to audition, it is likely that some may be asked to stay a little longer (later than 6pm). When their auditions are over, they will be dismissed and may leave - or stay with you and watch.
- Auditions for Wamogo students will begin as close to 6:00 as possible.
- Please arrive no later than 5:50 to check in. (You will also get a number & have your picture taken.)
- Please bring a completed Code of Conduct form.
- As you enter, please be mindful of the younger students auditioning - be quiet & respectful.
Students that signed up to audition will be asked to sing, read, and dance.
- Students auditioning for orphans or Annie should prepare to sing Tomorrow or Hard Knock Life. This sheet music was sent to the elementary schools for those students to obtain from Miss Powell.
- Students auditioning for adult roles should have obtained a script, sheet music, or a CD to prepare songs for their particular character.
- The scenes that will be read are cold readings, meaning that you all did not know which scenes to prepare. That does not mean that you can't develop a voice or persona for your character prior to auditioning. Everyone will be given a couple of minutes on stage to silently read through a scene immediately before performing it.
- The dances have no advance preparation either. Small groups will be asked to step out, learn a short dance with our choreographer, and then perform that dance for the production team.
Once the audition process is completed on Tuesday night, the production team will meet to discuss their observations from both days. They will prepare a call back list. When the call back list is complete, it will be posted on the website and distributed via email. ONLY the students that are called back may attend the call back audition on Thursday, December 5th beginning at 5pm sharp in the Wamogo band room. These students are asked to prepare specifically for the parts for which they are being called back with the expectation that they will fully demonstrate what they are capable of at the call backs. This helps to inform the decisions made when casting the show. ***Please realize that even if someone is not called back, that does not necessarily mean that they have not been cast to be in the show.***
Once the show is cast, the cast list will be posted on our website and distributed via email. Hopefully, this will be done on Thursday night.
Cast members should be aware of the rehearsal calendar. Rehearsals begin on Monday, December 9th. There will be a mandatory parent meeting at 5pm; Rehearsal follows beginning at 5:30, ending at 7:30. All rehearsals in December all FULL CAST. Once we return to school in January, the rehearsal process -and the calendar- will become more refined. Specific groups or individuals will be called to block particular scenes or work on music or choreography. NOT ALL cast members will be required to attend all rehearsals. We work carefully in an attempt to schedule around principal characters' conflicts that were listed on the audition forms. It is essential that you make us aware of your potential conflicts or we will expect that you are available for rehearsals as you have agreed to make the show a top priority. Once we begin running the show (end of February/early March), all rehearsals will be full cast.
OF NOTE: All participants need to have their own copy of the script. In order to take a script, one must either provide a 3-ring binder, 1.5" is sufficient OR bring $1 for a binder (we have limited quantities available).
If you have any other questions, please refer to the website or the Code of Conduct before contacting me. It is my hope that most of your questions are answered there.
I look forward to seeing everyone at auditions this week and to another amazingly fun year working with all of you and your children!