It is important to note:
- NO CAST MEMBERS are allowed in the lobby OR auditorium seating area before the show, during the show, or during intermission. Cast members may go out out into the lobby area to greet their family and friends after the final curtain call.
- NO GUESTS (this includes parents) are allowed backstage at any point during the show - including intermission.
- Parent volunteers that are working on hair & makeup are permitted backstage before the show and will be required to leave 10 minutes before curtain.
- Parent volunteers that have agreed to be dressing room monitors are expected to be in the backstage area for the entirety of the show. (These are the only parents allowed backstage during the performance.)
HAIR & MAKE UP - Please refer to the Stage MakeUp 101 handout.
- Hair should be really easy this year… no really fancy hairdos except for Grace.
- Everybody needs to provide their own hair and makeup supplies.
- Do not assume that you will be able to use someone else's makeup.
- (Yes, guys need to wear makeup too! - The lights will wash you out.)
- For health reasons, please do NOT share eye make up or hairbrushes/combs.
Food & drink for dress rehearsals & shows...
If you bring food to snack on, it should only be non-messy food like crackers, pretzels, apples, carrots...
PLEASE do not bring any peanut products or any greasy, saucy, or chocolatey foods. Nothing like that should be eaten while wearing costumes or in the vicinity of the costumes.
Also for drinks, bring WATER. Water bottles with child's name on it is best.
NO SODA...sugary drinks are terrible for your singing voice.
It is essential that we are respectful of the spaces that we have been given permission to use and the teachers that work in those rooms. This should go without saying but, apparently it doesn't because I have already received a complaint about one of the rooms...do NOT touch things that don't belong to you. Do not turn on teachers' computers or smart boards. Do not eat the teachers' candy or snacks. The only foods that you should be eating are those that you bring.
Once we are done for the evening, be sure that you have hung up all of your costumes, thrown away any garbage, take home all of your makeup & hair products, and leave no trace that you were there.
Every cast member needs to wear makeup...orphans & males included. Without makeup, people become washed out under the bright stage lights. Hair & makeup are your own responsibility.
Parents - particularly parents of younger cast members - should plan to help their children with makeup & hair.
And, there should be at least one parent/adult monitoring each of the dressing rooms at all times. There should also be at least one adult monitoring the backstage hallway.
Friday 3/28 OPENING NIGHT!!! Break a leg!
5:00 CALL=Report to your dressing room.
- Take care of your hair & make up
- Get into your first costume and make sure that you have all of your other costumes ready, in order.
- Principles get mics/have mic check
As soon as the lobby is cleared of patrons, and as close to 7pm as possible, we will begin the show!
5:00 CALL (repeat above)
12:00 CALL (repeat above)
2:00 Final Performance*
*after the performance, we begin STRIKE followed by CAST PARTY
If you haven't signed up to bring something to the cast party, please do. This party is for everyone involved in the production. http://perfectpotluck.com
EVERYONE is expected to help with strike…to us, STRIKE means returning the stage, costume closets, and classrooms to their pre-show condition.
Strike includes but is not limited to:
- Packing up & taking home all of your own things
- Cleaning the classrooms that were used as dressing rooms
- Returning any borrowed costumes
- Packing up props & costumes to be returned to Goshen Players, The Warner, and Shepaug
- We need people with trucks to help return larger items (like furniture) - Please contact Mr. Steinberg if you can help with that.
- Taking down and packing up the drops
- Packing up microphones
- Packing up pit orchestra books
- Deconstructing the set pieces (please bring screw guns & hammers)
- Sweeping the stage
- Set the stage for choir
-- CONCESSIONS: (Please begin set up 90 minutes before show; Open 1 hour prior to show)
Friday = Kat Tita & Paula Rischard
Saturday = Claudia Buick & Kimberly Budge
Sunday = Deb Weik & Anne Kelly
Friday = Darcie, Robin, Pam, Amy, Anne, Lisa
Saturday = Darcie, Robin, Anne, Lisa, Paula
Sunday = Darcie, Robin, Pam, Lisa
DATETIMEEVENTROOM 300 - BoysROOM 302 - 5/6 GirlsROOM 304 - 7/8 GirlsROOM 306 - HS Girls
Fri 3/285:00 callShowLeah SmithAllyson Petrauskas & Elyse MendelMelissa NorrisSat 3/295:00 callShowLeah SmithAllyson Petrauskas & Kat TitaMelissa NorrisBrianne SpencerSun 3/3012:00 callShowLeah SmithElyse MendelDenise TeddickSusan Cupo
Please contact Mrs. Smith if you're interested in staying backstage as a room monitor. LSmith@rsd6.org